Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Mindful Start


Yesterday I wrote about my experience of Mindful STOP. Today I was reminded that after stopping is obviously starting again. A quote from Anne Frank came to mind: "How wonderful it is that we need not wait a single minute before starting to improve ourselves and our world."

On that note, in the here and now I am starting to improve myself and my world:

1. Start with myself
In order to make a difference to others and my world, I need to start with self-renewal, self-love, self-care and self-compassion. As we all know women always put others first and forget about caring for themselves until last in their everyday lifestyle. That's why starting from this month, I'm committed to embracing healthy lifestyle this Winter, and beyond, in different areas of my life.

2. Start small
Don't expect to understand what it takes straight away to get to the top, just take the next step.
Think big, but start with baby steps. When you accomplish a small step, you gain confidence that you can accomplish the next step.


3. Start with the end in mind
To start with the end in mind, you need to identify your life purpose. Consider your strengths, interests, talents and past successes. Also, find people who have been successful in the area of your interest. Listen to them and model what they do to get where they are.

4. Start now
This is the key to mindful start. Take action in the present moment. Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, today is a gift. That's why it's called the present! Don't wait until it's too late before you begin to pursue the dreams and vision implanted in your heart.

As Gandhi famously said, "Be the change you want to be in the world." In order to change, we need to start with ourselves, start small, start with the end in mind and start NOW.

No comments: