Sunday, March 12, 2017

High Tech & High Touch



For many years now, one of my goals is to be more effective in my communication and connection with people around me. And I embarked on the journey of embracing internet and social media technology to do that. Within a few years, I have “technologized” myself into a technology and internet communication pattern. At times admittedly even more so than face-to-face communication.

Studies show that only 7% of communication is based on the written or verbal words. And 93% is based on nonverbal body language. This presents a paradox! With all the powerful social media and digital technology available to us, we are more connected, but potentially more disconnected than ever before. I have found that as much as I have been really enjoying keeping in touch with my friends online, I still long for the personal touch. I also say I love connecting with people on 'facebook, but nothing beats FACE TO FACE."

Technology is an awesome tool to help us stay in touch with people, but it shouldn’t take the place of face-to-face communication when it is possible.  Take some time to think about who you can catch up with in person this week, and who you can call today. :) xxx

No comments: