Exercise should not be painful, time consuming, expensive or even boring. If you are anything like me (who have been lacking exercise, and hence physcial stamina), I'd like to encourage you to get moving.
Ok, it's time to be honest. Are you as active as you possibly could be? One of the main reasons our obesity rates are so high is because we simply do not move enough. It seems, with all our modern day technology at our fingertips, we don't really need to move to do things. Many of us say we are too busy or tired to exercise, however, if you knew exactly what being more active could do for you, chances are you would change your mind in an instant. (like I did!)
Regular exercise can have the following amazing benefits:
- increase your metabolism to help you burn faster
- help you achieve and suntain weight loss
- help you sleep more soundly
- reduce lower back pain
- guard against cardiovascular disease (heart attack, stroke, high blood pressure)
- increase "good (HDL) cholesterol
- help fight off depression etc....
National health guidelines suggest we should get at least 30 minutes of physical activity 3-4 times a week. Exercise doesn't have to be strenuous, difficult, or challenging - it just needs to be regular. It's one of my goals to keep moving and being more active. What about you?