Wednesday, March 07, 2007

You Are The Mission!

I am a person who constantly grapples with the idea of mission. Recently God gave me a revelation that in order to change our world, we need God's help to change ourselves first. Therefore I see that I have a mission in life and that is me! My mission is not only my life story, though that is part of it, it is me, because Christ is in me.

We were made in God's image, we are His conduits and vessels to reflect Him through our lives as Jesus lives His life through ours. We are the temple of the Holy Spirit, the dwelling place of the Almighty. We are a carrier of the gospel and Christ Himself. We are the Ambassador's for Christ.

Of course we are not perfect. We are all work in progress, under construction and in process. And this is OK. Praise God that our failures and sins don't negate the presence of Christ in our lives. They show why we need Him, because we cannot do it ourselves. He is the vine and we are the branches, without Him we can do nothing. God is perfectly capable of being all these things in us, in spite of us. That's why we are the mission!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitty, We have been in revival services this week and this very topic has been addressed. Being on Mission has to start with each individual. It needs to start with me. In the same way, If I want revival in my church, It needs to begin with me. Great post!

Kitty Cheng said...

Amy,thanks! yes it's so true that if we want revival in our church, it needs to begin with us.

An Ordinary Christian said...

Hi! It has been a long time! Glad to see that you are well. I am also. I liked what you said. God bless you.

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Andrea! Yeah it's been a while! Good to know that you are well. Thanks for dropping by sis!

audrey` said...

Oh yes!

We're the mission.
Surrendering to Him to complete the work in progress =)

audrey` said...

HeHe!

I love you too, Kitty =)