Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Reflections From Prayer

I am following the 40 days of prayer and fasting from Transforming Melbourne. This week the theme is "Seeing the Church as Jesus Sees it." God has been asking me if I am open to see and respond to what He shows me. I felt challenged when I prayed with no agenda but Him alone and felt the Lord wanted me to do more than that.

The prayer coordinator Sue Tinworth from TM said she had felt Jesus’ invitation to love 'the Church’ for Him. The Church (His bride) that He loves so much. (Ephesians 5:25-27). This dear woman whom He entrusts to His son to take to His home. (John 19:26-27). He entrusts His bride to us, friends of the bride groom, while she is waiting for Him. John 3:29 Before he left Shepherd entrusted His lambs to those who truly, truly, truly love Him, saying, Take care of my sheep. (John 21:15,16,17). Do we see the Church as lovingly as Jesus does?


I resonate with Sue's reflections on being one with Jesus, and I long for that quiet rest, satisfaction and delight in Him. I desire to focus on who Jesus is in these weeks of prayer and fasting, and beyond.....I am committed to loving Jesus with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. I must admit the idea of Jesus' invitation to seeing and responding to what He shows me about the Church and loving ‘her’ for Him is quite surprising, if not foreign.

Lord, please help me to truly see the Church as lovingly as you do.

No comments: