Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Wine & New Wineskins

On my laptop screensaver, I have a picture which says: "Caution, paradigm shift ahead." I am really anticipating a paradigm shift as I move to a new season of my life in 2007.

I read an article by Rick Warren regarding new wine & new wineskins today, which really challenged me. Pastor Warren said, there are three new "wines" that we will have to face in 2007: new problems, new pressures, and new possibilities. To handle these new challenges, you'll need the new "wineskins" of creativity, conviction, and courage.

I know that with these new wines, my old ways of thinking and paradigm, old attitudes will not work anymore. That's why the Bible says, "The intelligent man is always open to new ideas. In fact, he looks for them." (Proverbs 18:15 LB).

In my new 'tent-making' business endeavour and relationships, I am open to new ideas and paradigm shift (new wineskins for new wines). I pray that the Lord will give me the creativity, conviction and courage to handle the problems, pressures as I welcome new possibilities for growth.

Towards the end of last year, God gave me the picture of Joshua and his tribe stepping into the Jordan River as they start a new season. I have also stepped out in faith to the business world, where I need to build contacts, networks and people. There's always an element of risk in any new venture and idea, but I trust that the Lord will see me through it all. Hosea 10:12 says, "Plow new ground for yourselves, plant righteousness, and reap the blessing your devotion to me will produce!" (GNT). That is so true!

8 comments:

Sabrina Woon said...

That article seems very encouraging. Hehe... a good way to summarise our lifes and obstacles that we're going to face. And also how to overcome it. =)

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Sabrina, thanks for your encouraging comments. Let's never let obstacles, problems and pressures overcome us, but overcome them with courage, conviction and creativity dear.

audrey` said...

Hey Sister Kitty

May I know which business are you involved in?

Take care.
Wishing you all the very best =)

Kitty Cheng said...

Hey sister Audrey,

I am working with a big group of business people who analyse and use the latest trends around the world. It's into wellness, health and fashion jewellery industry, amongst others.

I also help people set up business that can generate passive and residual income.

I am really enjoying the marketing business, as it gives me the opportunity to
do 'tent-making' and build relationships (like what you said about PLUS in your blog - relational evangelism). God has given me a passion to see the people in this industry come to know Jesus Christ too.

Anonymous said...

hey kitty girl! i pray that you'll have more success this year in every area of your life including this new business you're involved in. wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

hey kitty girl! i pray that you'll have more success this year in every area of your life including this new business you're involved in. wishing you all the best!

Anonymous said...

hey kitty girl! i pray that you'll have more success this year in every area of your life including this new business you're involved in. wishing you all the best!

Kitty Cheng said...

Thanks Pia. Same to you my dear :)