Thursday, October 25, 2007

What Is A Paradigm Shift?



Thomas Kuhn popularized the concept of "paradigm shift" in 1962. He defined paradigm shift as "one conceptual world view is replaced by another". It is a change from one way of thinking to another. It's a revolution, a transformation, a sort of metamorphosis. It is believed to be driven by agents of change.

One example is the printing press. Books became readily available, smaller and easier to handle and cheap to purchase. Similarly, agents of change are driving a new paradigm shift today. The signs are all around us.

Another example is the introduction of the personal computer and the internet have impacted both personal and business environments, and is a catalyst for a paradigm shift. It has been said that change is the only thing that is constant.

I personally have been through quite a significant number of paradigm shifts in the past few years, including the areas of my spiritual life, ministry, mission and business. My way of thinking has been transformed as a result of a number of change agents (mentors & heros), whom I am very grateful for.

One classic statement is a good example of my paradigm shift:

WE ARE NOT HUMAN BEINGS
HAVING A SPIRITUAL EXPERIENCE
WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS
HAVING A HUMAN EXPERIENCE

Have you experienced paradigm shifts in your life?

8 comments:

Godwyn Lim said...

Sister Kitty!

Yup! I experience quite a number of paradigm shifts in my life. My life is truly transformed because of Jesus & His great Love!

Teaching from Pastor Prince changes my life as well as He unveiled the beauty of Grace, our undeserved favor from our Daddy in Heaven...

Through the obedience of His Only Son...Christ Jesus. Our God remember our sins no more...Who else can do more:-)

Awesome Faithful God, even the World Changes, the scripture says, Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday, today and forever...

Sorry been busy with work, great to surf through your blog learning new revelation. I did my entry, visit my blog when you have the time.

Meantime! Enjoy our highly favored, deeply love, greatly Blessed days, Amen?! As the Lord we serve is a good God!

audrey` said...

Dearest Kitty

Blogging is one of the exciting and enriching paradigm shifts =)

Take care.

Kitty Cheng said...

Brother Godwyn, yes it's awesome that the Lord transforms our lives.

Kitty Cheng said...

Dearest Audrey, it's so true that through blogging and interacting with my blogger friends, my paradigm has been shifted :)

audrey` said...

Dearest Kitty

Bel's exam was ok yesterday.
Praise the Lord!
There is another paper tomorrow.
Thank you so much for your prayers and love =)

(((HUGS)))

Kitty Cheng said...

Dearest Audrey, I am so glad to hear that Bel's exam was ok yesterday. Will continue to pray for her... (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

change is the only thing constant in this world. thank God! i don't want to be in my situation now forever!

Kitty Cheng said...

Dearest Pia, in God's perfect timing, He will certainly change your situation sweetie! Will keep praying for you.