Monday, February 05, 2007

Relationship Evangelism

"That day Jesus went out of the house and was sitting by the sea. And large crowds gathered to Him, so He got into a boat and sat down, and the whole crowd was standing on the beach." (Matthew 13:1)

Matthew 13:1 is such an ordinary statement that we would not think that there was any great spiritual principle in it, but This verse intrigues me. It tells me that if we want to lead people to Christ, we need to spend time where they are - on their turf!

One of the most common things said by Christians who know they should be sharing Christ more, is that they don't have any non-Christian friends. All their friends are church-friends. I believe there is a simple solution: to that problem - that is start spending time with non-churched people! To do that, we need to go where they are.

Like Jesus, I have been "out of the house" and gone into an environment where there are many non-churched people lately. In seminars, in their houses, in social settings, and on their turf! I have built the acquaintances into friends, I have been looking for ways to share with them in normal conversation what my relationship with the Lord means to me. I have also been learning to do as much listening as talking.

I am committed to go to people's lives, build redemptive relationship with them who need the Lord.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is something we all need to do. We need to meet people where they are. One of the ways I have met some people is through my son playing in the county sports program.
Thank you for this thought. Great post!

audrey` said...

You're right, Kitty.
We need to reach out to them and accept them.

Great post! =)

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Amy, thanks for dropping by my blog. Meeting people through your son's county sports program is great!

Kitty Cheng said...

Yes Audrey, like what you said in your post "PLUS"!