Monday, July 17, 2006

Living Missional Lives

I was pondering what living missional lives would be like after chatting with a friend of mine who lives in a hospitality house provided by her church, with other people in the community, where they have an open door policy to the homeless and poor in the neighbourhood.

Lately I have been convicted about the fact that majority of the western church has lost touch with people who didn't know about Jesus. We need to repent and start loving people who are very different from us. I wonder if living missional lives and intentionally befriending people would be the key. The idea is not to befriend somebody just to 'attract' them into going to my church, but to love people just because they exist and that they are made in the image of God. I like the idea of loving people just to love them.

6 comments:

An Ordinary Christian said...

How sensitive of you to want to reach out to different sorts of people. I like working in a psychiatric hospital, because the people are out of the ordinary. How neat to seek God's will for how He would have you serve and start by praying and waiting for His next move.

Kitty Cheng said...

Dear Andrey, I admire you. Your love to patients with mental illness who are out of the ordinary is so touching.

Flex J! said...

Hi! just bloghopping. Nice spot you have here. So neat and insightful!

"I like the idea of loving people just to love them."

I love the way you put it.
God is love and we ought also to love one another...

Keep on keeping on!

audrey` said...

Yeah!
Loving people by accepting them just to love them :)
Love you, sis!

Kitty Cheng said...

Hi Flex, thanks for dropping by my blog and your kind words. Let's keep in touch.

Kitty Cheng said...

Audrey, I can surely see that love from you sis.