Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Chicken-Eagle

Someone found an eagle egg, and put it amongst the chickens in the backyard. The small eagle and the small chickens came out of the shells, and they grew up together. The eagle looked like the chickens in the backyard, and really thought it was a chicken. It crawled in the mud to find little insects. It crowed and it moved its wings to fly for a few feet in the sky sometimes. Year after year, the eagle grew older and older. One day, it looked up to the sunny sky, and saw a huge bird flying elegantly and majestically, moving its strong golden wings every now and then. The old eagle on the ground looked up intently. “What is that?” it asked. “That is an eagle, the king of birds,” its fellows said, “it belongs to the sky. But we belong to the ground – we are chickens” Therefore, the eagle on the ground lived like a chicken till its death, because it thought it was a chicken.

Imagine you were the eagle, what would you do?

5 comments:

audrey` said...

HaHaHa!
When I first saw your title, I read it as 'Chicken Feet'. I'm a very great glutton =P
HaHa!
I don't really fancy chicken feet though. Chicken fleshy meat tastes much better.
HeHe!

If I'm an eagle, I would fly over to Melbourne to meet you. YEAH!

Kitty Cheng said...

Audrey, it would be so great if you could fly over to meet me ;)

Susan Barnes said...

Hi Kitty,
I haven't visited for a while. Hope things are going well for you. I was wondering if you would like to do a meme? If so, there are nine questions about books on my blog. If not, that's ok too

Kitty Cheng said...

Thanks for visiting Susan.I have come across the meme, and I think I will get to it some time :)

Sabrina Woon said...

I guess humans are easily influenced by environment and peerss. Like the eagle who thought it was a chicken.

I think I'm a bit of both. When I'm with different group of friends, I tend to have a different personality. Not obvious though. :P