Wednesday, June 11, 2014

On Struggles, Strengths & Firework


In my previous post, I wrote about mindful start. You know I am not always positive and mindful. At one stage of my life when I was really struggling, I thought I had missed my chance to start again after I stopped. I was stuck, I was burnout and I was depressed.  And the more I struggled the faster I was sinking.

At the time, as Katy Perry's song "Firework" (I love that song!!!) says, I feel like a plastic big drifting through the wind wanting to start again! I feel so paper thin like a house of cards one blow from caving in! I feel already buried deep six feet under screams but no one seems to hear a thing! During that dark hour, I wrote about how I felt here.

But you know what? We are all human. We all struggle, and are weak at times. Embrace and learn from your own struggles, and see them as the opportunity for growth and transformation that they are.

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” -Arnold Schwarzenegger

I am thankful that I was given the strength to not surrender to my struggles! It doesn't mean struggles won't come again, but I know I have the 'firework' in me that will see me through it all. :) x

(((firework)))
Do you know that there's still a chance for you
'Cause there's a spark in you

You just gotta ignite the light
And let it shine
Just own the night
Like the fourth of July

'Cause baby you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y

Baby you're a firework
Come on let your colors burst
Make 'em go "oh, oh, oh!"
You're gonna leave 'em falling down down down

You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Maybe a reason why all the doors are closed
So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road
Like a lightning bolt, your heart will glow
And when it's time, you'll know......
 
 

No comments: