Yesterday I went to an all day workshop about how to be a successful coach. The trainer shared that inner peace could be achieved if we met our six core needs (invisible drivers) in different areas of our life. While each human being is unique, everyone has these six fundamental needs, and all behavior is simply an attempt to meet those six needs.
The Six Core Needs:1. Certainty/Safety/Comfort: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure
2. Uncertainty/Variety/Adventure: the need for the unknown, change, new stimuli
3. Significance: feeling unique, important, special or needed
4. Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something
5. Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding
6. Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others
Understanding these six invisible drivers, and which ones you are trying to meet in any given moment mindfully, can help you create new patterns that lead to lasting fulfillment in life.
I'm interested to know, is there a particular need that you value the most? And how you meet these six core needs? For example, in your relationships, spiritual life, health, finance etc?