God made us to be creative, and to fulfill His purposes in Worship, Evangelism, Discipleship, Ministry and Fellowship. He has given us a ‘set of tools’ to carve out his craftsmanship.
- Worship – The arts can facilitate worship in a very powerful way. God has gifted us in unique ways and we can use all of our creativity to express worship to Him, encourage others to worship Him in spirit and in truth. Creative Arts are both gift and praise to God.
- Evangelism –The church is God’s vehicle to redeem a lost world. The arts can be especially effective in evangelism because they often reflect the seeker’s hunger and search for God. Indeed, people are longing for God, and we want to use the creative arts to connect them to God, to communicate a truthful understanding of life, with the hope that our art expressions become meeting places for God and people.
- Discipleship – Through creative arts, Christ-like disciples can be built up to impact the world. God is raising up a global community of Christian artists and disciples who are fully devoted to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in their lives. We need artists in the church who are known not only for their talent but also for their walk with Christ.
- Ministry – The arts excel at identifying with people’s pain and ministering the truth of God’s Word with sensitivity.
- Fellowship – The arts can enhance fellowship, encourage and edify the faith community. Music, drama, dance, multi-media, literature, and the visual arts can encourage someone who’s down, someone who’s struggling in his or her walk with Christ, someone who’s facing trials and temptations.
What do you reckon?