Friday, February 11, 2005

Transforming Melbourne

I am participating in the 40 days of prayer and transforming melbourne movement, cos I feel that we have a great responsibility to pray for our city! However, I often find that I have a dilemma, one that many people had grappled with throughout the ages probably. And that is: "if God is all-powerful, why does He need us to pray? If we pray and nothing happens, does this mean that God isn't listening?" I would be interested to know what your thoughts are on these questions?

Personally I believe that prayers are vital. Our role as intercessors can mean the difference between heaven and hell for someone we know. So coming back to this transforming Melbourne Prayer movement, it's aim is "for God to renew His Church with a passion to love others and lead them to faith in Him." How do you feel about that?

Check out Festival Victoria also http://www.transformingmelbourne.org/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh~~~ I remember this now... The Victoria Festival, Franklin Graham will be coming to have a big big festival event in Melbourne...haha... Anyway, wish you good luck at then~