Saturday, February 26, 2005

Partnership Development Workshop

This week has been amazing. I attended a Partnership Development Workshop. I have learned so much, and God has been blessing me with the testimony and stories of many missionaries.

I learned that Partnership is about support, mutuality, relationship, friendship, interdependence, team, responsibilities, commitment, similar goals, insights into what God is doing, creativity, commitment, which also includes sacrifice, risk, grief, time and effort. Whereas development is to do with unfolding (from latent to active), becoming fuller or bigger, maturing.

In the context of mission, Paul said “I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first until now…” PD is sharing with people what God is doing in your life as a missionary, and inviting them to partner with you in it, letting them know how they can be involved in the team – IF THEY WISH TO BE (to go, to give and / or to pray).

With my mission at World Team, I am establishing a partnership support team at the moment. If you'd like to join me by supporting me prayerfully and financially, please let me know :)

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Thanks Woody, Keith & Carol for facilitating the PD workshop. You guys were such a blessing, and I appreciate you much :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, that was really well explained and helpful