Zoe and Tony's wedding
It was my church mates Zoe and Tony's wedding last Sunday. It was lovely to hear Tony saying "I love you" to Zoe in French.
Our pastor shared a short message about "acceptance and forgiveness", which was quite meaningful. Below is some of the points in the address:
- Marriage is a relationship. Like in all other relationships, unpleasant feelings and hurts are not uncommon.
- When there are conflicts and displeasure happen in the relationship, the couple needs to pray about it.
- Although it's important for husband and wife to show each other that they are important and significant, the deep need of satisfaction of heart can only be met by God ultimately.
- Love forgives and accepts. Acceptance and forgiveness are crucial in any relationship.
- The freedom Christ provides includes the freedom to require nothing of our mates.
- We will hurt when a spouse disrespects and rejects us, but God's love and grace empower us to love and give no matter how little we receive.
- That is one of the secrets of marrage - a love that forgives and acdepts. But the source of strength is Jesus Christ.
- God meets our needs and we can approach life with the resources to give out of fulness.