I was very touched by the whole ceremony. It was such a joy to see graduates' smiling faces as they have reached another season of their lives, commit to seek God's presence and to pursue an ever closer and deeper relationship with Jesus Christ, to continue to faithfully follow Him, and relying upon Him and the empowering of the Holy Spirit, and to serve God in His Kingdom.
The guest speaker Mark Connor (Senior Minister of CityLife Church) gave an insightful and encouraging address. He reminded us that we are not only saved, but called. His message was based on Acts 20:28 "Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood." He claimed that in order for the leaders to keep watch over themselves, they need to have the following 5 habits:
- Retreat and Pray (Luke 11 where Jesus was praying in a certain place)
- Deal with internal stresss (that comes from unrealistic expectations, negative emotions and conflicts)
- Keep growing in the Lord (we should never stop growing)
- Develop close network of friendship (a good support network is vital for a leader's health)
- Look after yourself physically (Sabbath Principle, rest and recreation and exercise)
What do you think of these 5 habits?