Thursday, May 12, 2005

Incarnational Mission

From the Bible we learn that:
  • Jesus was the Word made flesh.
  • Jesus was God's self revelation in the form of the perfect human.
  • Christ's life, death and resurrection is how God provided salvation and forgiveness for us.

Since my time at Tabor, I had been pondering about the concept of Incarnation / Incarnationl Mission, which is a controversial theology / theology of mission. I believe that if I am to follow Jesus' incarational mission, I am actually a missionary and that Christian life is a 24-7 matter, not just something that happens in our 'church meetings'. Our engagement with the world ought to be all encompassing.

Jesus said to His disciples, who seemed indifferent to the needs of their neighbours, "open your eyes and take a good look at what is right in front of you" (John 4 The Message). This really presents a challenge for me personally to be involved in incanational mission.

No comments: