Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Prayer Without Ceasing

Have been thinking of and practising "prayerise, picturise & actualise" almost all day today, it was a weired thing that I understood it, but found it hard to verbalise. I sensed that God was telling me the following:

"You are learning your lesson. You are being led out into a large place. Talk to Me day and night. Look up into My face - I reveal Myself to you in the most ordinary ways, even as you are talking with friends, doing your daily chore or just looking at birds flying. A look of love and care, a feeling of security, a thrill of joy at the sense of the nearness of My Presence - these are your best prayers. You don't have to use big words, just chat with me as you go about your day and business (busy-ness). Let these smooth the day's work. Prayer is of many kinds, but of whatever kind, prayer is the linking up of the soul and mind and heart to God."

Because the soul, being linked to God, united to Him, receives in and through Him all things. This is how prayers are answered.

Father God, goodnight! Thank you for showing yourself to me through the people and friends that I meet, through the little things that happen daily, and through sensing the nearness of Your awesome and wonderful Presence! I just want to tell you that I love you Lord!

1 comment:

Kitty Cheng said...

Thanks Maryam for your recommendation. I've heard of the book and Brother Lawrence's testimony, but haven't got around to reading it yet. I guess I should!