Making The Right Choices (Matthew 4:1-11)
D - Decision needed
- Jesus facing his mission: food; a sign from heaven; world dominion; short cuts to glory
- Our challanges and decision: Compulsion of colleagues; inward pressures; demands of “love”
V - Vigilance required
- Jesus knew the presence and power of Satan
- Our struggle is not with flesh and blood (Eph 6).
- The devil is the prince of this age, eager to trap you.
D - Direction accepted
- Choice is directed by what we want to achieve.
- Jesus is directed by God’s will, and so must we.
- His Will is found in the Scripture.
- Our weapon against Satan is the Word of the Spirit – the Word of God.
- How well do you know and use Scripture?