This time, we did it without a set theme, but interestingly what we came up with seemed to have a common theme. The followings were what we did:
- we had a teaching on what Lent is, and then some ash was being put on our foreheads as we were told to "turn away from your sin, and turn towards the gospel".
- The other BYO worship was a visual presentation on Jesus' 40 days in the desert (representation of 40 days of the season of Lent). The pictures were drawn by a Christian illustrator, and they were very inspiring!
- we had a guided imagination & meditation on Luke 19:27-44.
- I shared some of the wonderings I had from Luke 5:1-11 (email me if you are interested in what they are).
- A poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay was read. This poem had been shared by Brian Mclaren the previous week when he had been in Melbourne. The images of the poem were beautiful. Then we were also reminded of Psalms 119:105 and John 8:31-32.
- someone shared some tomato relish that she had made which was a tradition from her grandma, who used to give away jars to the family.
- Our last BYO worship was the story of how a member of LR worships God through his involvement with sports - in playing in a touch footy team in his neighbourhood and his involvement as a coach of a cricket team of young kids in the school that he teaches at.
I really enjoyed the night. It was very inspiring and challenging. May God Bless you all during this Lent Season!