Thursday, October 20, 2005

Theatre for One


Theatre for One - Justin Harris

I went to see this custom-built Theatre for One this afternoon after catching up with this new friend that I had met during the Melbourne International Arts Festival. It was a unique experience. Justin Harris designed a very clever video-based piece performed just for me hehe. There was a single-seater behind the red velvet curtain. Although I was the only audience member for the 20-minute Rock Opera (The Late Great Libido), I had fun with this multimedia presentation, which incorporates elements of music, video and sculpture (although I must admit the music was a little too loud at times).

I am so thankful for the Melbourne International Arts Festival. It has certainly opened my eyes and broadened my horizen. For those of you in Melbourne, have you attended any of the events during the festival? If not, there are only 2 days left. I highly recommend that you go and have a look!

No comments: